SE5 in the Bay of Plenty

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

collin

SE5 in the Bay of Plenty

Post by collin » Sun May 06, 2018 9:22 pm

Having owned a Coupe many years ago, I have just acquired a 1970 SE5 with some 71K miles on the clock, although the recently received 'Reg' document Indicates a further 100.000, so it's been around the block a few times. Overall it is on the right side of OK. I'm looking to convert it for (roadgoing) Hillclimbs and Sprints, perhaps Classic 'Targa' etc and would 'touch base' with other Scimitar owners in New Zealand.

Will Anderson
RSSOC Member

SE5 in the Bay of Plenty

Post by Will Anderson » Sun May 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Welcome! There are plenty of hillclimb and sprint enthusiasts on here who will probably be along shortly but can I ask if you would send a note of your chassis number to Jim Pace the SE5/5a registrar (SE5.registrar@rssoc.co.uk) to see if your car is on the RSSOC database? He likes photos too!! :D

Will Anderson - RSSOC 4230 & Middlebridge Registrar
SE5a 1973, SE5a 1972, Middlebridge 14, 42 & 67, P.O. Middlebridge 46

collin

SE5 in the Bay of Plenty

Post by collin » Tue May 29, 2018 9:48 pm

Hi Will.

I have emailed Jim with my SE5 chassis number and some Images. It would be good to make contact with other Scimitar owners who like to take to the 'hills' and circuits
of New Zealand. I hope to have my car 'sorted' for competition events by September. Lots of work to do including brakes, suspension, roll cage, harness, seat and eventually (in time) engine and gearbox /diff mods. All this subject to 'regulations' and modest 'shoe-string' budget.
Lot's of Tea and midnight oil to burn...

Return to “Australia and New Zealand”