6 centre console

PLEASE ONLY start a NEW topic if you have a specific part that hasn't got a topic already, and that you need and cannot get hold of through Club Traders. Make the topic name clear (Model and Part details). Anyone else also wanting that part should add a message to the topic.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

peter freeman
RSSOC Member

6 centre console

Post by peter freeman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:06 am

These crack very easily and therefore don't last long and there are no replacemeents available. Rumour has it that someone made GRP replacements but who ?. Don't need it myself at the moment but top crash pads for the 6 and the 5's are also something worth considering.
Peter

andrewcollins
RSSOC Member

Post by andrewcollins » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:32 pm

It was Don Pither - so possibly Adrian has the moulds ?

I don't need these either ... yet ... but if the crash pad on my 6 warps much more ........

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Post by philhoward » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:05 pm

I recall Don doing 5a ones - but not 6 ones. Saying that, I had a 5a at the time so I would have been a little blinkered in what I was looking for!

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

greenmeanie
RSSOC Member

moulds

Post by greenmeanie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:35 am

Hi I have moulds for SE5a dash panel, door cards front and rear bumpers and rear panel and centre console and front air dams For the SE6 range centre console door cards and rear panel and am trying to do a mould for the crash pad. I am also looking into having the fibre glass bumpers chromed etched but waiting for confirmation due to the high temp needed so will have to see what distortion this will cause as the company has never done this process before
Regards Mick J

revpaulh

Post by revpaulh » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi Greenmeanie - you say you have centre console moulds - does that mean you're in a position to (a) hire/lend the moulds or (b) create a unit to order for a price (trimmed? untrimmed?).
I'd be interested to hear more info either way.
BTW I got a vinyl coated fibreglass dash top for a 6a from Scimtrim scimtrim-at-hotmail-dot-co-dot-uk - advertised a while back in Slice. Pricey - £125 I think, but eternally flat! (It took a while between first enquiry and delivery)

RSSOC 1830

toomanysabres
RIP

Re: moulds

Post by toomanysabres » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:32 pm

greenmeanie wrote:Hi I have moulds for SE5a dash panel, door cards front and rear bumpers and rear panel and centre console and front air dams For the SE6 range centre console door cards and rear panel and am trying to do a mould for the crash pad. I am also looking into having the fibre glass bumpers chromed etched but waiting for confirmation due to the high temp needed so will have to see what distortion this will cause as the company has never done this process before
Regards Mick J
There are 2 types of 5a dash with the steering wheel position moved a bit, as I recall Don had problems with customers who had the earlier 5a where the dash didn't fit properly due to the fact that the mould was taken from a later dash. Do you have both.

peter freeman
RSSOC Member

Post by peter freeman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:01 pm

So are these items going to be made ? best perhaps to place an ad in Slice to see how many people want them then you can make them in batches - I would like a 6 centre console for starters.
Peter

chris francis

Post by chris francis » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:27 am

Hi, not sure if this will help but found this on ebay this morning

Item number 110176338769

martyn

Re: 6 centre console

Post by martyn » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:12 am

Hi Greenmeanie
Its an old post I know but....
Do you still have the moulds for a 6A. I have agreed to buy a scimitar again and it has cracked centre console and carpet covered rear panel.
I am in Oz presently and the car is in NZ please let me know if you can supply and at what cost
Cheers
martyn.

Oldconn
RSSOC Member

Post by Oldconn » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:55 am

I would be interested in a 6A centre console as well. I can trim/finish /fit myself .

"When I grow up, I want to be me"
-Kermit Weeks
Current: SE6A; 998 Mini.Previous: Morris Minor,Ford8, Cortinas Mk1 &2,MG Midget 1932,Morgan 3W 1934,Lagonda Rapier,Honda S800, Austin Maxi,Citroen GSA, Riley ElfMk2,Peugeot 505,Rover 420 SDI

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:17 pm

I have possibly the very last SE6 console, I bought it from SouthWest Scimparts when I was trading.

I have spoken to Adrian and he got it from Don when he sold up.

Adrian has told me he has No More, and will NOT be getting any made.

They were not a popular seller due to the Fettling needed, AND the colours were not too close to original, the gell coat was mixed wrong.

If anyones interested mine is a Yellowy Tan colour and open to offers.

Mark

See the Beast on youtube under" RELIANT SCIMITAR CONVERSION LOL.,Se5,Se5a, Se6a, Two Se6b`s, GTC, SST 1800Ti & not a lot of sense

Ollieoldbeard

Post by Ollieoldbeard » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:49 pm

does anyone still do wood finish ?

Return to “Parts Re-Manufacture Requests”