Wolfrace Slotmags - Remanufacture

PLEASE ONLY start a NEW topic if you have a specific part that hasn't got a topic already, and that you need and cannot get hold of through Club Traders. Make the topic name clear (Model and Part details). Anyone else also wanting that part should add a message to the topic.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

Corky
RSSOC Member

Re: Wolfrace Slotmags - Remanufacture

Post by Corky » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:35 am

I quite like the Hillman Hunter Estate in the background, I can say those imortal words "my Dad had one of them"...... I don't think his wheels were quite as bling though, and the back end only got that low when we were loaded up for a week of camping on Anglesy.. :D

Steve
Current:- SS1 Ti RG sprint car. VW Touareg 3.0 V6
Prev:- Sabre Ti, 3xSS1 Ti, SS1 16v Turbo Racer, 5XGTC, 2XSE6B, 2XSE5A, 2XV6 Coupe, Sabre 6
Project Threads & YouTube

“It's not the winning, it's the taking apart that counts"

markbognor

Post by markbognor » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:07 am

Yeah, the Hillman is ace. It has some nice engineering in the suspension to get it that low and still have some.

Build here, with some minor slot content in the first few pages to keep it vaguely on topic.
Seth's Hillman

Corky
RSSOC Member

Post by Corky » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:43 am

Just spent too much of my morning reading that..........thanks..... :D

My Dad's car was the 1725 (GL or GLS) with polished wood everywhere, When I was 9 years old I would've made him swap it for Seth's 1500 poverty spec car any day of the week !

Thanks for posting the link.

Steve
Prev:- Sabre Ti, 3xSS1 Ti, SS1 16v Turbo Racer, 5XGTC, 2XSE6B, 2XSE5A, 2XV6 Coupe, Sabre 6

rtlkyuubi

Post by rtlkyuubi » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:14 pm

ok ok, I know its not on wolfrace slotmags, but it is on starmags :D But I also thought that some of the comments against Mark's awsome micra ment that there wasnt enough micra love, so heres mine:

scimjim
RSSOC Member

Post by scimjim » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:19 pm

welcome bloke :D

still struggling to see anything retro about a Micra - whatever you bolt onto it, smooth, rust, remove, etc? maybe in 20 years (unfortunately there won't be any left by then :D )

some great real retro stuff at Sparkford last month though :D

Jim King

Current: SE5 (8Ball), TI SS1 (snotty), 1600 SS1 (G97), 1600 SS1 (C686CCR), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3), 1400 CVH EFi SS1 (Grawpy), Sabre/MX5 auto (The Flying Broomstick),
1300 SS1 (Number One) & Sarah's coupe.
CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS

Corky
RSSOC Member

Post by Corky » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:25 pm

That Micra has reversed into some scaffolding !

Didn't anyone tell him ?

Steve

scimjim
RSSOC Member

Post by scimjim » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm

many more pictures of the Sunderland sh*t-heaps and we'll all have to hit the Micra sports club and the mighty car mods sites and give them some phots of real retro cars :mrgreen:

Jim King

Current: SE5 (8Ball), TI SS1 (snotty), 1600 SS1 (G97), 1600 SS1 (C686CCR), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3), 1400 CVH EFi SS1 (Grawpy), Sabre/MX5 auto (The Flying Broomstick),
1300 SS1 (Number One) & Sarah's coupe.
CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS

sonofparker
RSSOC Member

Post by sonofparker » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:01 pm

I suppose retro could be anything with a non-recent style, even if it isn't a classic. There aren't many modern cars I like, and the ones I do I can't afford, so it will always be something oldish. Can't really see the appeal in modifying a micra, when scimitars are so cheap and the club members don't get snooty about modifications, but I can see why someone might do it.

On the other hand, what's with the snorkel things on the exhaust? That just looks bizarre.

Max

rtlkyuubi

Post by rtlkyuubi » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:29 pm

sonofparker wrote:I suppose retro could be anything with a non-recent style, even if it isn't a classic. There aren't many modern cars I like, and the ones I do I can't afford, so it will always be something oldish. Can't really see the appeal in modifying a micra, when scimitars are so cheap and the club members don't get snooty about modifications, but I can see why someone might do it.

On the other hand, what's with the snorkel things on the exhaust? That just looks bizarre.

Max
Can you get a scimitar for £250 thats got 12months test, 6months tax, new clutch and service? And then afford to insure it? :shock:
club members don't get snooty about modifications
The previous page made me think i was on barryboys!

And my scaffolding is a little nod to the boso guys in japan

I hope they make some 13inch slots in mansize widths and offset.

markbognor

Post by markbognor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:11 pm

So what do you guys make of the shocking job wolfrace have made of re-issuing the slot mag then?

I think its pretty abysmal myself, but then I suspect like you I much prefer the old ones, in smaller diameters.

I was unfortunate enough to be in a small accident in the tourquoise micra, it wrote the car off, but I liked it so much, and the reactions that it provoked that I re-created it with another car, red this time, and on 7" wide 13" slots this time.

I'm leaving off the fender mirrors this time, and will not be playing with silly exhaust extensions.

Gemini Bob
RIP

Post by Gemini Bob » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:16 pm

I like the Jag and the Granny but the red thing is a snap box on wheels :lol:

Regards
Bob
HUE 1979 SE6a GTE Auto
If the cap fits wear it.
If at first you don't succeed, pay someone who knows what they are doing.
Scimitars Biggest Fan
Resto viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3377 Just for Geoff ;-)

big_billc
RSSOC Member

Post by big_billc » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Everybody has a totally different opinion so hear is mine. I hate all these bigger wheels and lower profile tyres. Admittedly they look prettier and more modern but the ride is a lot harsher, for normal driving road holding is more than adequate, and every time you park you are liable to damage your very expensive rims, because of the more expensive lower profile tyres. I have changed mine for different alloys but kept the same wheel size. Anybody who wants a top notch set of 5 standard Woolfies contact me.

Old English White SE6A 2.9 EFI, Subaru White Sabre 1800Ti, Dark Grey Saab 9-3 My Scimitar spares collection car.
Problems : - Find a problem, Sort a problem, now there is no problem.

Corky
RSSOC Member

Post by Corky » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:13 pm

I'm sure everyone else was as disappointed as I was when I saw that the slot mags were being remade but only in modern offsets, which made them look pretty awful. Well it would appear that these have been a bit of a sale flop and they are now heavily discounted and can be bought to fit an SS1/SST/Sabre for around £250 per set. This is a bargain when you consider the build quality of Wolfrace wheels.

I actually quite fancy a set now......... :lol:

Here's a taster in ET35 (OK with a 10mm spacer) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320957404708#ht_4745wt_1163

Steve

AJL Electronics
RSSOC Member

Post by AJL Electronics » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Isn't the SS1 ET35 as standard? Had a look at the wheels, but they just don't light my fire I'm afraid.

Yes, we can mend your Scimitar!
Order your Scimitar parts any hour of the day at http://www.classicmicrocars.com (member's discounts).

Fancy a holiday in Gael, France? http://www.ianrhu.com

There is no point trying to teach a pig to sing. It doesn't work and it annoys the pig.

Corky
RSSOC Member

Post by Corky » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:35 pm

I think with 7" you could get away with ET 35 at the rear without a spacer (that's what my racer has) but at the front they need a 10mm spacer. I had Nick's 7" ET 25's at the front whilst at curbs and they didn't need a spacer at all. My understanding was that the small sports need ET25 all round. That's what my sabre has, but I'm talking 7" wide. Maybe the narrower tyres need a bigger offset.

These don't really light my fire either, but the comedy value of having GTE type wheels on a small sports appeals to my sense of humour :lol:

Steve

Return to “Parts Re-Manufacture Requests”