Sabre OZ Centre Caps

PLEASE ONLY start a NEW topic if you have a specific part that hasn't got a topic already, and that you need and cannot get hold of through Club Traders. Make the topic name clear (Model and Part details). Anyone else also wanting that part should add a message to the topic.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

reliant-reviver
RSSOC Member

Sabre OZ Centre Caps

Post by reliant-reviver » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Please don't all rush at once, I know a lot of us have cracked / damaged / missing centre caps for the OZ alloy found on the Sabre. This is largely due to the plastic becoming brittle after 20 years "maturing" or being heavy handed with the retaining screw.

Now a bit of lateral thinking has come up with a potential immediate replacement in the forum of the Borbet A Centre cap like these.
They are the correct diameter, however I have yet to confirm the chamfer is correct or the mounting hole spacing.

In my search I came across a chap making these.

He has also had these made, with the nut that the OZ ones have. https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8783_n.jpg

I have just got off the phone with him, and all sounds promising. He stresses that a mere millimeter dimensional difference can make the cap sit wrong and not look so good, and as such I would want to send him a wheel and cap to take the dimensions from to get them sat perfectly

Now, the interesting part is the possibility of having them stylised with a script or logo of our choice. I suggested "SCIMITAR" or the Scimitar sword logo.

The price, for a set of 4 with bolts would look to be in the region of £45 for the flat caps , or £55 for the Hex nut.

Who is interested?

Philip Andrew.
'74 Robin Super Saloon, '84 SS1 1300, '86 SS1 1800ti, '87 SS1 1300
Previous: I lost count around fifty.

AJL Electronics
RSSOC Member

Re: Sabre OZ Centre Caps

Post by AJL Electronics » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Do you have to be a Yorkshireman to have the flat caps?

Yes, we can mend your Scimitar!
Order your Scimitar parts any hour of the day at http://www.classicmicrocars.com (member's discounts).

Fancy a holiday in Gael, France? http://www.ianrhu.com

There is no point trying to teach a pig to sing. It doesn't work and it annoys the pig.

peter freeman
RSSOC Member

Post by peter freeman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm interested Phil - mine are ok at the moment but its just a matter of time so having a spare set to squirrel away is a good idea.
Peter

sabre1800ti
RSSOC Member

Post by sabre1800ti » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm interested in a set, mine have few cracks around the fatening.

Doug Black
Ex-Factory 1993 Scimitar Sabre 1800Ti Mk 1

scimmy ben

Post by scimmy ben » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:43 am

I'd take a set

Return to “Parts Re-Manufacture Requests”