Wiper spindle rubbers SE4 and SE5

PLEASE ONLY start a NEW topic if you have a specific part that hasn't got a topic already, and that you need and cannot get hold of through Club Traders. Make the topic name clear (Model and Part details). Anyone else also wanting that part should add a message to the topic.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

747PETE
RSSOC Member

Re: Wiper spindle rubbers SE4 and SE5

Post by 747PETE » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:59 pm

I am certainly interested in those rocker cover clips Geert.Pete.

windy

Post by windy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:48 pm

geert van hout wrote:as you may have heard or noticed i have made these front wheelbox outer bushes a couple of months ago and they are now readily available. i haven't read the entire thread, but i gather you mean partnumber 17193. the ones made now used the original as a pattern and are exact copies, but from black nylon instead of the rubber compound as before. these will last the rest of your cars life if not longer. please get in touch if you are interested. also just reproduced are the ignition lead clips for the essex rocker cover and bushes for the C3 auto gearchange handle. regards to all, geert van hout
I'm confused! On Geerts site here;
http://www.scimitar-tvrcentre.nl/tvr-33 ... ubber.html
It reads;
Description
Front wiper wheelbox distance piece..
New. Aftermarket. Reasonable fit, but better than nothing at
all.

His ones on ebay here;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-wiper-w ... 7675.l2557
At the time of our (Phils) bulk purchase read;
Remanufactured by Scimitar & TVR Centre "The Workshop" using the original design as a pattern. The result is an exact one to one copy of the ever splitting front wiper wheelbox bushes for all Scimitars GT, GTE, the GTC and Middlebridge Scimitars as well. The outer bush, sitting just under the wiper wheelbox locking nut has all the correct curves much unlike other aftermarket items available at this moment. Finally the chance to replace those tatty looking, split and leaking ones on your car.

Also according to Geerts post the ones made a couple of months ago are exact copies, so which type did we receive in our recent bulk order, the aftermarket items or remanufactured ones?
Last edited by windy on Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geraint SabreGTCse5
RSSOC Member

Post by Geraint SabreGTCse5 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:59 pm

747PETE wrote:I am certainly interested in those rocker cover clips Geert.Pete.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Triumph-TR7-Stag ... /14/!BSqFE)gB2k~$(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmfVPLBKEU0sGID!~~_1.JPG

available from triumph dealers

Geraint

Sabre ti, se5, GTC, 6b.......

Better to be late in this life than early in the next!

Return to “Parts Re-Manufacture Requests”