Triangular nose brackets/plates

PLEASE ONLY start a NEW topic if you have a specific part that hasn't got a topic already, and that you need and cannot get hold of through Club Traders. Make the topic name clear (Model and Part details). Anyone else also wanting that part should add a message to the topic.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

SE5 & SE5a FRONT TRIANGLES FOR SPARE WHEEL SUPPORT

Post by gtcse8 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:48 pm

I have made up a few sets in standard form, with the proviso of making them bespoke to owners needs.

I could make a set to accommodate most sizes of tyres if I was given the sizes needed to go in the nose cone.

Just ask, Mark

See the Beast on youtube under" RELIANT SCIMITAR CONVERSION LOL.,Se5,Se5a, Se6a, Two Se6b`s, GTC, SST 1800Ti & not a lot of sense

BusaPhill
RSSOC Member

Post by BusaPhill » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:03 am

Mark.

Would these be suitable for a SE6a.
Nose plate 211754-211755

Thanks
Phill

1979 Scimitar SE6A V6 3.1 4speed Auto
2005 Mercedes C320 V6 3.0 7speed Auto (Diesel Daily Driver).

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:02 am

Hi Phill

The 6/6a uses a different shape to the 5/5a.
They are basically the same thing, but different angles.

I could make a set in Zintec if you were interested, or in plain mildsteel for painting.

All I would need was your requirements, ie front fan mounting points?, original horns mounting point?, any other special additions such as relay brackets etc.
A few people have asked for a different angle to allow wider tyres/wheels to fit into the mounting place, also wider radiators need to be allowed for.

Most cars have evolved since leaving Tamworth so they may or may not need, or to be, exactly like originals.

See the Beast on youtube under" RELIANT SCIMITAR CONVERSION LOL.,Se5,Se5a, Se6a, Two Se6b`s, GTC, SST 1800Ti & not a lot of sense

BusaPhill
RSSOC Member

Post by BusaPhill » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:32 pm

Mark.

As far as I know everything is the same as when she left the factory.
But this is my first Scimitar.

If I send you the originals could you use them as pattern.
Zintec I feel would be best even if I do paint them.
Just need to get the Nearside one off😁

Thanks
Phill.

1979 Scimitar SE6A V6 3.1 4speed Auto
2005 Mercedes C320 V6 3.0 7speed Auto (Diesel Daily Driver).

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi Phil
I keep patterns in stock so wont need yours.
Just need to know your requirements ie are you still going to fit horns in same place ( Or have they dropped off and fitted elsewhere) and are you still using the original cooling fan ( Or already have a more efficient kenlow type fitted).
If I don`t have to make and fit the brackets for the above the parts will be cheaper, or I just supply exactly as factory.
When I did Jims set he saved a bit as he did not need the brackets etc.
Last edited by gtcse8 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikesu
RSSOC Member

Post by mikesu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:51 pm

They look great, Mark.
Am I right to assume that they match the factory dimensions? I am interested because I can't get my spare wheel into the space between the panel and the bonnet lock. Is there any chance you could do me a bespoke pair of side plates that will allow a 195/70 R14 wheel and inflated tyre to fit under the bonnet lock? it would mean the top panels sloping down at a slightly steeper angle towards the front of the car. Not sure about any differences on my '71 5a left to right, but will check later today.

Mike S.

1970 MG B roadster (28yrs)
1971 SE5a (6yrs)

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

Post by gtcse8 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi Mike
If you go back a page and look at Jims fabrications you will get a better Idea of what I`m about to type LOL.

These plates are as near as I can get them factory spec, but as I say earlier on the originals only just fitted so I have evened them out for ease of manufacture.

Only problem will be the Front Support Plate, the one the bumpers and over riders are bolted to.
This plate sits on the front of the triangulation and if you make a steeper angle the plates will not match.
There are at least Two ways round it,

Make a deeper front support plate and ensure the front holes are all the correct distance from the datum point.

Make an extra mounting plate that still sits on the triangles and still bolts to the existing nose support plate, a spacer type fabrication.

I have all the factory sizes to hand and could easily make a set of bespoke triangles to allow your wider tyre to fit.

I currently have my spare chassis to hand so I could make a set up for you and trial fit them before welding up.
Does all that make sense ?.

Mark

Return to “Parts Re-Manufacture Requests”