'71 SE5 3.5L V8 in The Netherlands

Cars for Sale, and links to those for sale on other sites.

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

tanuki
RSSOC Member

'71 SE5 3.5L V8 in The Netherlands

Post by tanuki » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:58 am

Found this one: http://ww3.autoscout24.fr/classified/289707170

Erik should know about it ... his name appears in the translation below 8)

Cheers,
Fred

----- translated on internet -----

This vehicle is already an eternity in my garage.. That is a pity.

I have bought the car in the UK (still stands in english registration including the V8 engine) because-ie had everything I wanted: a blueprinted V8 instead of a V6, adjustable suspension, adjustable shock absorbers, braided stainless steel brake hoses etc.

A few english chums of me have picked up to him and to the boat driven and I have taken him to house, assure him and there is a little note driven around, here in and around the village. Grease!

It was found that there were still some things to wrong: The outlets were extremely much noise (the car was built for drag races, including CO2-fire-extinguishing system under the hood so 'normal' RVS-outlets were desirable, there were no slotmags under which typical alloy wheel rims and all the chrome was black

When I have purchased one in England with nice chrome, in any case a nice rear bumper, RVS-outlets and slotmags and simply dashboard, etc. Everything I could need i have taken off, the engine and gearbox to Erik Hofman (a known in the Scimitar scene and almost a neighbor) displayed and the residue discarded. The second was extremely sloppy and rotten..

When I moved I was responsible for the project addressed: paint is removed on one side, completely with acetone so without impairing the polyester in order to find a perfect base! No crazing what shore! Also all further parts removed as a preparation for an easy paint job. I thought I..

I got the much to pressure and in the meantime I have already 2 years nothing to the car done and I think it is time that someone my dream

The car is more than complete on neat front bumper after, has electric windows, 2 rear valves, with 2 sets of glass, a lot of extra trim panels, two windscreens, slotmags, an extra dashboard and a few moving boxes filled with parts, stainless steel tubular manifolds to outlets, a Rover V8 that geflowd blueprinted and is linked to a Bullitt 4-speed close ratio gearbox, a long final gear, or surface rust from the but not rot, no crazing in the polyester, a set of 'continental' BMW-H1-headlights, a drawbar, beautiful chrome, neat lists for everything and very many parts of the double-and mountains charisma.

Also: a Rover-manual in connection with the engine and complete workshop documentation of reliant.

Please note that this is a SE5, really handcrafted and with the beautiful small rear lights and glass reverse lights and is of the very first Scimitar origin that is supplied with a vending machine, and therefore no SE5A with the ugly dashboard. Enter as regards taxation is also free. APK and ff along the RDW and ready. The engine status, with engine number, registration number and that delivers no problem on, I know from experience. It is not my first V8 conversion ;-)

Call or mail but with your questions. The car is a huge good basis for restoration and a beast to drive!

For sale at any decent bid!

Matthijs

PS:
I have also seen an SE6A to buy are on this website. The beginning of a beautiful collection?

-----------------------------------------------

now: Scimitar SE5 ('71), Scimitar SE6a ('79), Scimitar SST 1800Ti ('90), Ford Anglia LHD ('61),Ford Consul Capri LHD ('61), TVR Chimaera 400 ('96), Caterham SV ('10), Lexus IS200 ('04)
past: Mitsubishi Celeste ('77), Alfetta Quadrifoglio ('85), Nissan Maxima ('95)

erikscimitardemon
RSSOC Member

Re: '71 SE5 3.5L V8 in The Netherlands

Post by erikscimitardemon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

The cars are all sold now.
He is a sort of friend of mine. He is a real car nutter. He once bought a Lotus Elite V8 conversion. Guess who owns it now :D

Erik Hofman
http://www.scimitar.demon.nl

Scimitarweb Webteam / Forum Administrator

Elizabeth's dad
RSSOC Member

Post by Elizabeth's dad » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:42 pm

It's not on the Register, any chance of the chassis number?

Jim

Membership No. 1779
SE5/5a Registrar

erikscimitardemon
RSSOC Member

Post by erikscimitardemon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:45 pm

Maybe I have these some where. I'd guess, if Ihave these, I'd sent you long ago.

Erik Hofman
http://www.scimitar.demon.nl

Scimitarweb Webteam / Forum Administrator

scimjim
RSSOC Member

Post by scimjim » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:53 pm

Ah - got pictures at home - it's "that" dash :-)

Jim King

Current: SE5 (8Ball), TI SS1 (snotty), 1600 SS1 (G97), 1600 SS1 (C686CCR), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3), 1400 CVH EFi SS1 (Grawpy), Sabre/MX5 auto (The Flying Broomstick),
1300 SS1 (Number One) & Sarah's coupe.
CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Post by tanuki » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:57 am

The dash is impressive ... what an alignment of switches ! at first sight I thought
"what's with the big dial showing 0000 0000 on the console ? time setting ? where are the flux capacitor and Mr Fusion tank then ? :lol: "

now: Scimitar SE5 ('71), Scimitar SE6a ('79), Scimitar SST 1800Ti ('90), Ford Anglia LHD ('61),Ford Consul Capri LHD ('61), TVR Chimaera 400 ('96), Caterham SV ('10), Lexus IS200 ('04)
past: Mitsubishi Celeste ('77), Alfetta Quadrifoglio ('85), Nissan Maxima ('95)

Return to “Euro Marketplace”