Mk2 Sabre in Finland

Discussions relating to registration issues

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

jukkamakela

Mk2 Sabre in Finland

Post by jukkamakela » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:12 am

mod edit - split from unrelated topic
Hello!
I am not writing because of the SE6, but for a different reason. I have a Scimitar Sabre 1.4K Mark 2 year model 1994, one of the Rover K-series cars. I am now trying to get it registered in Finland, and having problems with the Type Approval. Mr. Phil Howard suggested me to contact You, because You have plenty of experience about importing Scimitars.
MOT/Registration authorities here require the EU Certificate of Conformity for the car. Without this document it is not possible to register the car here. And I believe France, Holland etc. have the same requirements. I have seen these latest Sabres which had French number plates, thus they must have had the right paper work to get them registered.
Please, let me know if You can help to supply this Certificate from France. There are two requirements in the document, which are most important: Emission figures and Noise levels. These came into force in EU in 1992-93.
VIN of my car is: SCD220599NK002142, first registered in UK: 12th November 1994.

With best wishes,
Jukka Makela
67100 Kokkola
FINLAND
j_makela57@suomi24.fi
RSSOC Member No: 1243

DARK STAR
RSSOC Member

Re: Well-known SE6 8900 euros

Post by DARK STAR » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:07 am

Welcome to the madhouse Jukka!

Nobody has yet registered a 1400 in France, although there are two or three that live here (all yellow).
Official Reliant type approval exists for 1600 and 1800ti, not for 1400.
I can produce an RSSOC certificate, which is valid in France, if Phil can give me the technical details!
I'll e-mail him in case he's not watching this thread.

You can see what the form looks like on
http://www.scimitarfrance.net/scimitarf ... ation.html
The categories A1, B, D1 etc are common to all european countries, but Finland is not in Europe ...

I've just had a thought, Sabres are type-approved in Switzerland, not sure about the 1400 though.
I'll see if I can find out.
http://www.scimitarfrance.net/scimitarf ... es.html#33

Chris Johnson
RSSOC 1979> Dark Star Coupé 1989> Scimitar France 2010> Vert Soleil GTC 2014>
Scimitar France Website No1 on Google, updated nearly every day

jukkamakela

Post by jukkamakela » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Hello Chris!
Many thanks for Your prompt answer. I would highly appreciate if You could send me the RSSOC Certificate which is OK in France. Phil Howard knows about my problem and I am sure he will be helpful in providing the technical details needed.
This Swiss connection also sounds most promising. During 1994-95 Garage BONAUTO in CH-6883 Novazzano sold several brand new Sabre 1.4Ks and I know that Switzerland has very strict laws as does Finland! Could You please, find out more if they could provide copy of the CoC ?
In the RSSOC Certificate it would look perfect if the VIN number of my car would be enclosed in writing.
VIN: SCD220599NK002142 . The car was first registered in UK 12th November 1994.
By the way, Finland is part of European Union since the start of the year 1995, even if it does not feel like it all the time ;-)
Actually these EU-laws makes this registration of the car so difficult here, because finnish authorities read the book too seriously.

Please, let me know how this Certificate problem progresses,
With best wishes,
Jukka Makela
Torikatu 16 A 9
67100 Kokkola
FINLAND
j_makela57@suomi24.fi

DARK STAR
RSSOC Member

Post by DARK STAR » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Oops, perhaps it's Norway that isn't in Europe then, sorry?!

Garage Bonauto still exists apparently, I'll try sending them an "official" e-mail.

I'm having great trouble finding emissions and noise figures for the Rover engine but will keep trying.

Chris Johnson
RSSOC 1979> Dark Star Coupé 1989> Scimitar France 2010> Vert Soleil GTC 2014>
Scimitar France Website No1 on Google, updated nearly every day

jukkamakela

Post by jukkamakela » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Yes, I believe the Swiss documents would be most appropriate.
Please, keep on trying!

All the best,
Jukka

Return to “Registering a Scimitar”