Vuillafans Auto-Moto weekend -#1

For Shows and Events across Europe, both upcoming and reports of past events.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

Oldconn
RSSOC Member

Vuillafans Auto-Moto weekend -#1

Post by Oldconn » Mon May 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Vuillafans is an idyllic village in the beautiful Vallée de la Loue, in the Doubs, between Besancon and Pontarlier. Three years ago a small group of residents had the idea of organising an auto/moto gathering in memory of a friend who had recently died, and the response has been phenomenal. This year's event was held over the weekend of May 21-22, the weather was "au rendezvous", and more than 150 bikers rubbed shoulders and shared good humour , beer, music,dancing and conviviality with more than 100 car enthusiasts.The event was well publicised and the public turned up in thousands. I went in response to an appeal for English cars and found myself parked alongside a Rolls Royce Spirit (1982) flying a huge Union flag, in front of a tent completely decorated in British colours, provided by lovely character named Jean-Lou who was sporting a "Brit" polo-shirt and a top hat! We parked our deck-chairs, shared a couple of beers , and so began 48 hours of light-hearted fun .In our little "English Corner" we were joined at various intervals by a Spitfire, two Minis, two Midgets, two TVRs, an MGA/B hybrid, while all around us the field filled up with a rich and varied collection of cars, bikes, and trikes of all flavours and colours. Trade stands,non-stop food and drink bars, and live entertainment completed the recipe . There was a campsite available which was rapidly filled up by the bikers , so Jean-Lou and I dossed-down in our cars, and slept quite well after the music stopped at 1-00am. I went mad with the camera until I ran out of batteries , so here is a selection - a large selection !
The "English Corner"
10 O'clock Sunday Morning . By mid-day the field was packed.
Now that's a real Alpine A110!
An MGA/B hybrid, made from an abandoned hulk re-imported from U.S.A
A few details . First of all, spot the common feature of a Rolls- Royce Spirit and an SE6A :

More pictures to follow

"When I grow up, I want to be me"
-Kermit Weeks
Current: SE6A; 998 Mini.Previous: Morris Minor,Ford8, Cortinas Mk1 &2,MG Midget 1932,Morgan 3W 1934,Lagonda Rapier,Honda S800, Austin Maxi,Citroen GSA, Riley ElfMk2,Peugeot 505,Rover 420 SDI

DARK STAR
RSSOC Member

Re: Vuillafans Auto-Moto weekend -#1

Post by DARK STAR » Mon May 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Strange, this came up after the other post (I wondered why it was marked #2)
Great report and great photos, love the MGA especially.
Thanks Ian.

Chris Johnson
RSSOC 1979> Dark Star Coupé 1989> Scimitar France 2010> Vert Soleil GTC 2014>
Scimitar France Website No1 on Google, updated nearly every day

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Re: Vuillafans Auto-Moto weekend -#1

Post by tanuki » Tue May 24, 2016 5:30 am

Thanks Ian for the report and letting us discovering one of those most enjoyable events :D
There's nothing quite like a small scale gathering organized by a few friends and backed up by enthusiasts,
which will certainly keep growing over the years 8)
Great pics and Candy is superb as always :mrgreen:
See ya soon in Dijon :wink:
Fred

now: Scimitar SE5 ('71), Scimitar SE6a ('79), Scimitar SST 1800Ti ('90), Ford Anglia LHD ('61), Ford Consul Capri LHD ('61), TVR Chimaera 400 ('96), Caterham SV ('10), Lexus IS200 ('04), Austin Metro 1000 ('82)
past: Mitsubishi Celeste ('77), Alfetta Quadrifoglio ('85), Nissan Maxima ('95)

Return to “Shows and Events”