Vincennes en Anciennes - monthly meetings

For Shows and Events across Europe, both upcoming and reports of past events.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Re: Vincennes en Anciennes - monthly meetings

Post by tanuki » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:43 pm

steve bryant wrote:when I lived in Cape Town there was a guy had a red one, he would park it on the lawn IF the sun was shinning and put it away before dark............I never saw him drive it, but I suppose I should be lucky enough to have seen it in the flesh.
What ? I would have driven back and forth between Capetown & Port Elizabeth if I had a Marcos 8)
which I expect to be a nice driving along the coast - maybe similar to the Great Ocean Road in Australia (?) -
Have good memories driving around Capetown - in the wineyard areas, Tokay, etc. - and down to Cape of Good Hope :D
Apart from being careful with the wildlife - in particular the bloody baboons sitting on the cars at the Cape of Good Hope :twisted: - it was good fun, even in the rental Toyata TAZ :lol:
Fred

now: Scimitar SE5 ('71), Scimitar SE6a ('79), Scimitar SST 1800Ti ('90), Ford Anglia LHD ('61), Ford Consul Capri LHD ('61), TVR Chimaera 400 ('96), Caterham SV ('10), Lexus IS200 ('04), Austin Metro 1000 ('82)
past: Mitsubishi Celeste ('77), Alfetta Quadrifoglio ('85), Nissan Maxima ('95)

steve bryant

Re: Vincennes en Anciennes - monthly meetings

Post by steve bryant » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:35 am

because of the long jutty out part of the "cape" the roads are stunning for relaxing drives I agree, but those baboons are a pest with very large teeth and a don't care attitude. PE to cape town, did it in a Mitsubishi vr4 gto, absolutely brilliant until I had to give the car back :(

Return to “Shows and Events”