English Rencart Nemours - monthly meetings

For Shows and Events across Europe, both upcoming and reports of past events.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Re: English Rencart Nemours

Post by tanuki » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:03 am

While waiting for the big event at the end of next week ... and since I missed the noggin in August :roll:
here are some pics of another Day Out in the nearby countryside - Lorris is the place, July the period -
Visited a couple of chapels on the way, a Clockwork museum and finished with a Museum of Resistance & Deportation ...

All pics of that day here: https://picasaweb.google.com/english.re ... adeALorris

Cheers, Fred :wink:

now: Scimitar SE5 ('71), Scimitar SE6a ('79), Scimitar SST 1800Ti ('90), Ford Anglia LHD ('61), Ford Consul Capri LHD ('61), TVR Chimaera 400 ('96), Caterham SV ('10), Lexus IS200 ('04), Austin Metro 1000 ('82)
past: Mitsubishi Celeste ('77), Alfetta Quadrifoglio ('85), Nissan Maxima ('95)

DARK STAR
RSSOC Member

Post by DARK STAR » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:01 am

There is even a GTC lookalike in the last pic 8)

Chris Johnson
RSSOC 1979> Dark Star Coupé 1989> Scimitar France 2010> Vert Soleil GTC 2014>
Scimitar France Website No1 on Google, updated nearly every day

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Post by tanuki » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:20 pm

DARK STAR wrote:There is even a GTC lookalike in the last pic 8)
Oh ... this one ... it is very special for 2 reasons:
1. it's a one owner car from new ... the guy at the club bought it when he was 25 :wink:
2. it's in mint condition, original paint, etc. and the owner - believe it or not - never had any mechanical issue with it ... amazing for a Stag :shock:
I should make a shooting session on this one actually !
Fred

now: Scimitar SE5 ('71), Scimitar SE6a ('79), Scimitar SST 1800Ti ('90), Ford Anglia LHD ('61), Ford Consul Capri LHD ('61), TVR Chimaera 400 ('96), Caterham SV ('10), Lexus IS200 ('04), Austin Metro 1000 ('82)

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Post by tanuki » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Almost ready for tomorrow's meeting ... and looking forward to have 5 Scimitars aligned 8)
Oil checked, tank full, tyre pressure OK ... and spent a couple of hours cleaning the Flying Sub this afternoon :wink:
Just finished the last - but not least - preparation stage :mrgreen:
Fred
Attachments
P1190693.JPG
P1190693.JPG (103.22 KiB) Viewed 1472 times

Oldconn
RSSOC Member

Post by Oldconn » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:50 pm

I will wait for Tanuki's report to appear before making any further comment, but I must just say that I saw that Stag "in the flesh" last weekend at the Rencart de Nemours, and it is truly stunning! Looks as though it just came off the production line!

"When I grow up, I want to be me"
-Kermit Weeks
Current: SE6A; 998 Mini.Previous: Morris Minor,Ford8, Cortinas Mk1 &2,MG Midget 1932,Morgan 3W 1934,Lagonda Rapier,Honda S800, Austin Maxi,Citroen GSA, Riley ElfMk2,Peugeot 505,Rover 420 SDI

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Post by tanuki » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:30 am

Sorry guys for the late report - it's been a busy week at work & home, but today's off ... eh eh :wink: -

[EDIT: All 488 pics of this event now available here: https://picasaweb.google.com/english.re ... tembre2015 ]

Here's a quick presentation of last week-end's annual meeting organized by the club - 4th edition it was - which we believe was once more a success, thanks to the support from our partners and to the presence of nearly 150 english cars :shock: The weather conditions were pretty good, sunny and mild - sometimes a bit chilly under in the shadows - which allowed for a safe and enjoyable morning drive in the countryside, and a relaxed exhibition in the afternoon 8)

Beside the usual cars from our club, there were actually many new cars that we met for the first time ... I will show some of them in the pics below, while I invite you to browse our complete album once it's uploaded on the net - wait for the link to come up soon - The Sunbeam club actually advertised for the event among its community, therefore we had the chance to see several models of Sunbeams turning up :D A group of Lotus Elises also arrived around lunchtime ... and of course all the Scimitars engaged were present :mrgreen:

The morning drive through fields, forest roads and little villages was good, and the roadbook was tricky enough to get a few people lost - temporarily of course - which added to the fun. There was the usual share of little breakdowns, roadmap doubt stops or emergency pee stops ... thus a few scattered cars overtaken during the trip - all recorded on video :lol: - As a matter of fact Ian & James pulled out to help an Herald in distress - struck by the curse of Prince Lucas :wink: - ... which was the occasion to meet up with an english couple ! There were actually quite a few english people around, obviously living in the area, and even an australian :lol:

The afternoon exhibition was the occasion for wandering through the vehicles or watching the Concours d'Etat . 15 cars were engaged, so even with a planned 5' presentation by vehicle ... the concours lasted a little bit longer than expected, due to the interest raised by some of the cars. Scimitarists being shy maybe, none of our cars were engaged in the exercise, nevertheless we managed to get two trophees :shock:
- Ian & Candy were honored by the price for the 'most remote attendee' ... since Ian was indeed coming from 200 miles away :clap:
- James & his coupe have received the price of the 'crush of the Mayor' ... :hurrah: (well, the trophee + bottle are actually at my place since James had to leave early :lol: )

I cannot thank enough Ian, James, Patrice & Fred for coming to this meeting, all of them were a good 2-hour drive from Nemours - even more for Ian -
I felt a bit embarrassed for not having spent much time with them, my duties as photographer of the club kept me busy shooting all day :oops:
I believe though that they enjoyed the show and I am looking forward to meeting again sooner or later on some other occasion :D

Well, enough talking ... time for the pics !

Cheers, Fred

Setting up the booth and partners' area in the early morning:

Lining up exercise ... needs more practice I am afraid :?

The early birds :mrgreen:

The Welcome booth, pick up plates, roadbook & gifts

Patrice Beauchant was the first to turn up in the Aubergine :wink:

Soon followed by James Mason in his coupe :D

Then came Ian Lambert in Candy :P

An finally Fred Hermand in Brownie :mrgreen:

Time for a coffee, thanks to the City of St-Pierre Les Nemours 8)

I'll see if I can extract a few pics from my videos to show you a bit of the morning drive ... stay tuned !

On our way back from the 'balade' the field was quickly filled up:

It was time for a Cocktail offered by the City - thanks again ! -

Let's now discover some of the new cars that visited us for the first time ...

A squadron of Lotus Elise:

The Sunbeam connection:

A Land Rover

An Alvis :shock:

A Riley :D

A Jaguar 8)

A Donkervoort seems to have been authorized to sneek among english cars, as a distant relative to the Seven :wink:

A Triumph TR7 convertible - in good condition -

Now for some of those that were engaged in the Concours d'Etat ...

A Lotus Elite, in pretty good shape 8) Compared to the GTE the rear window is much wider and shorter in height :shock:
It's a shame that I could not take them side by side :oops:

Another Lotus, Esprit Turbo this time

This '82 Panther Lima in original condition got a price :D

The Sunbeam Rapier also got a trophee 8)

But let's get back to our beloved Scimitars with a few last pics :mrgreen:

Fred Hermand did his best to illustrate the concept of Hunting Brake ... I love it :lol:

The Flying Sub / Custard was also there ...

Last edited by tanuki on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DARK STAR
RSSOC Member

Post by DARK STAR » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:15 pm

Great report, thanks Fred.
Glad you removed the Dodge Viper ;)

Chris Johnson

Oldconn
RSSOC Member

Post by Oldconn » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:00 pm

That really was a good event in all respects- hospitality, organisation,conviviality,catering and weather! The variety and quality of the cars were remarkable , done justice by Fred's report and pictures. My personal favourite was the Alvis , a shining example of what British engineering used to be all about.
Small world story:- The English owner of the Herald which we rescued originates from my home town, Preston, and we were even born in the same hospital! Despite the distance I shall make every effort to be there again next year; and on the subject of mileage, I got there and back on one tankful, 458 miles at an average of 27.7mpg. :D

"When I grow up, I want to be me"
-Kermit Weeks
Current: SE6A; 998 Mini.Previous: Morris Minor,Ford8, Cortinas Mk1 &2,MG Midget 1932,Morgan 3W 1934,Lagonda Rapier,Honda S800, Austin Maxi,Citroen GSA, Riley ElfMk2,Peugeot 505,Rover 420 SDI

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Post by tanuki » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:44 pm

DARK STAR wrote:Glad you removed the Dodge Viper ;)
Oh ... that mean beast lurking in the corner of the wood belongs to one of the mechanics from the OSS garage - one of our partners -
They do english cars & american cars - nobody's perfect :lol: - I could hear the viper leaving the parking lot in the afternoon ...
loud sound but I much prefer the sound of my Chimeara et even Purple :mrgreen:
Everyone expects a big american to be loud ... but many people are surprised when they hear the sound of our english cars :wink:
Oldconn wrote:That really was a good event in all respects- hospitality, organisation,conviviality,catering and weather! The variety and quality of the cars were remarkable , done justice by Fred's report and pictures. My personal favourite was the Alvis , a shining example of what British engineering used to be all about.
Small world story:- The English owner of the Herald which we rescued originates from my home town, Preston, and we were even born in the same hospital! Despite the distance I shall make every effort to be there again next year; and on the subject of mileage, I got there and back on one tankful, 458 miles at an average of 27.7mpg. :D
Thanks Ian, really glad that the long trip was worth it, and you will definitely be welcome again next year ... get ready though, I intend to enroll Candy in the Concours :lol:
Oh by the way, I forgot to mention ... but the Alvis also got a price in its category ... it was indeed gorgeous 8)

See ya soon in Morges :mrgreen:
Fred

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Post by tanuki » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:04 pm

[EDIT: all 47 pics of this event available here: https://picasaweb.google.com/english.re ... tembre2015 ]

Our september monthly noggin was much quieter than the annual meeting, with just around 20 vehicles ...
but including a couple of newcomers:

This Lotus Elise:

This Jaguar Mark 1 - well I think it's a '1' :| ... - :

Last edited by tanuki on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Post by Roger Pennington » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:27 am

tanuki wrote: This Jaguar Mark 1 - well I think it's a '1' :| ... - :
Not quite :wink: - I'd say it's an S-type.

The mk1 has all-in-one pressed doors - like this photo from JD Classics website:

Then the mk2 had separate, chrome window frames (like the ones in your photo) and larger glass area.

But then the S-type had different detailing around the front lights - the little "peaks", the wraparound front indicators, and the slimline bumpers. If you could see the boot, it's longer.

Funnily enough car design has regressed over the years, and, probably for a number of reasons (simplicity, cheapness, strength?) doors these days are more often like the original mk1. :)

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Re: English Rencart Nemours - monthly meetings

Post by tanuki » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:26 am

Time to revive this thread which has been quiet for a few months :oops:
Here are a few pics of the last two noggins in Nemours :wink:

October edition:

A typical autumnal gathering with its share of leaves on the floor - and inside the convertibles :roll: -

Full set of 44 pics available here: https://picasaweb.google.com/english.re ... ctobre2015

There was also a dark purple beetle parked nearby :D

November edition:

One month apart, more leaves on the sidewalks but quite a lot still hanging on the trees ... autumn has settled for a while :wink:
This bright sunny day has attracted around 40 cars, and since I was very early I killed time by shooting a Gros Plan - as we call it - on The Dark Thing 8)

Full set of 207 pics available here: https://picasaweb.google.com/english.re ... mbre201502

This R8 Gordini payed us a visit :mrgreen:

DARK STAR
RSSOC Member

Post by DARK STAR » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:46 pm

Looking good, as usual.
I especially like the big cats crouching side by side.

We have leaf-fall in the south too, but it's probably because it hasn't rained since the floods :roll:
Our cherry trees did autumn in august and have grown all new leaves, and we had our first narcisses in flower on 20 november.
I wonder when New Year will be ...

Chris Johnson

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Post by tanuki » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:07 pm

DARK STAR wrote:Looking good, as usual.
I especially like the big cats crouching side by side.
Oh ... those two will probably have an article in Auto Retro next year ... Xavier (from LVA) was excited at the idea of having a comparison test between the two :mrgreen:
DARK STAR wrote: We have leaf-fall in the south too, but it's probably because it hasn't rained since the floods :roll:
Our cherry trees did autumn in august and have grown all new leaves, and we had our first narcisses in flower on 20 november.
I wonder when New Year will be ...
Probably around Easter :roll: and I'll prepare the snowboots for the International in Germany :lol: :lol:

More to come on this thread tomorrow as I noticed that I forgot the report on the Balade du Gout from last October :W

Cheers,
Fred

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Post by tanuki » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:14 am

After a few months of hibernation, it's time to waken up this thread before the new season starts :wink:
Let me quickly close 2015 ... then we can jump to the exciting new season !

Since I forgot our Balade du Gout (18th of October) let's start again from there !

NB. All 242 pics of the event available here: https://picasaweb.google.com/english.re ... ctobre2015 ]

The usual meeting place by the riverside was our starting point - you'll notice that the Dark Thing was immediately accepted by its mates, I had it only for a couple of days ... so it was its first balade -

First stop at a farm, the occasion to see a few classic tractors:

There were also two interesting cars parked among us:

Quick breakfast was offered in a barn which is used as an indoor caravan storage place,
and shopping was possible for those who want to taste the local beer ;)

There's always something to be expected from one car or the other, this time a Spitfire decided to bleed its clutch fluid :roll:

Back on the road and second stop of the day, another farm of course

Another club chose the same place, so the farm's yard was packed with classics such as:

Time for lunch in the barn, with 2 tables for us ... among over 200 people (!!)

Who said that classic cars are matters of old men ? Look at this equipage 8)

Bye for now :wink:
Fred
Last edited by tanuki on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Shows and Events”