workshop for petrol heads run by petrolheads

For RSSOC Members to promote their business interests ONLY.

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Terry Rickard

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Re: workshop for petrol heads run by petrolheads

Post by CNHSS1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:54 pm

Hi Andy, im a loton regular too competing and spectating and live 2 miles from the hill. You mention youre a ginetta nut, we may have spoken on uphillracers or locostbuilders at some point in think.
good luck with the venture and will pop round for a coffee and natter over next few months im sure. Cheers craig

Racing is life, everything before and after, is just waiting--Steve McQueen
6 time Class Champ, 2006 & 2014 SSSC Champion

RIP Batmobile, await the Rise of Dark Knight 8)
Sabre 'Light Sabre' 360hp!!

Darkspeed

Post by Darkspeed » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi Craig,

I believe we may well have done, and like yourself with your easily recognised username I use the same Darkspeed username on all the "usual" forums related to the hobby except Locostbuilders as that goes back a ways and I use an Andy S sign in. With the GOC we get an invite to compete at your Curborough day from Eric and was hoping to make it over to spectate and have a look this year but it clashes with an event I am involved with at Tatton Park.

Dont know about you guys but a fews of us midland based GOC members hire the Curby venue twice a year on a Thursday to have a hoon about on :D One of these days I will actually finish a car to compete in....

I will drop over my contact numbers - you will be more than welcome. Stafford, Wem or Loton in a couple of weeks.
CNHSS1 wrote:Hi Andy, im a loton regular too competing and spectating and live 2 miles from the hill. You mention youre a ginetta nut, we may have spoken on uphillracers or locostbuilders at some point in think.
good luck with the venture and will pop round for a coffee and natter over next few months im sure. Cheers craig

Build an man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set an man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
www.Jondymotorsport.co.uk

Darkspeed

Post by Darkspeed » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi Viv,

Thanks for the welcome - Certainly sounds a night not to be forgotten :shock:

Guilia Berlina /Giulia Coupe / Alfa Sud's and 75's were my poison and still having difficulty divorcing myself from the addiction. I keep hatching plans about dropping an Alfa engine in one project or another - and then remind myself I should be concentrating on getting just one finished.

I am not sure if it could be described as business - It has more in common with a charity :lol:

Coco La Blanc wrote:Hi Andy/John (?),
Welcome to the madhouse. Loved my 2L Alfetta in the late 70s/early 80s (ie. even the night I camped on top of a rescue low loader in a small village in France during their worst electical storm this century cause Collinson's garage had not completely done up the securing nuts on the two piece Prop and it came apart at 80+MPH on the motorway going down to Paris !!!). Best of luck with the part-time Business.
Regards,
Viv

Build an man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set an man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

greeny
RSSOC Member

Post by greeny » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi Andy I have PMed John re a rough price for an ECU for my ford 2.9i engined scimitar and haven't heard anything as yet but yes I am very interested! And not a million miles away if it falls within budget :D

Babe the GTC number 229 and and Smurfett the 1400 SST. Ness the vw t4 van/dayvan/camper
Previous 3.0v6 X type jaguar triumph acclaim scimitar SE4A 663 (ex Collin Watson coupe) 2x se5a's 2x SS1 1600s and a load.of other things I can't remember!!!
GTC drivers doing it under canvas since 1981!!
RSSOC SCIMITAR GTC REGISTRAR
Website scimitargtc.co.uk
12601 14846 18/09/12

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Post by CNHSS1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Darkspeed wrote:Hi Craig,

I believe we may well have done, and like yourself with your easily recognised username I use the same Darkspeed username on all the "usual" forums related to the hobby except Locostbuilders as that goes back a ways and I use an Andy S sign in. With the GOC we get an invite to compete at your Curborough day from Eric and was hoping to make it over to spectate and have a look this year but it clashes with an event I am involved with at Tatton Park.

Dont know about you guys but a fews of us midland based GOC members hire the Curby venue twice a year on a Thursday to have a hoon about on :D One of these days I will actually finish a car to compete in....

I will drop over my contact numbers - you will be more than welcome. Stafford, Wem or Loton in a couple of weeks.
I use the same username or id forget who I was :oops:

if you can make Curbs on the Saturday morning they'll be some track testing, prior to the sunday sprint.

I will be competing at Loton (along with a few of the other Scimitar compies) august 30th and probably pop up on the sunday to spectate as well.

the SSSC hire Curborough for 5 days in august culminating in our sprint, and also a pre season shake down usually end march/early april too.

catch up soon cheers Craig

Darkspeed

Post by Darkspeed » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi Greeny,

I will remind him tomorrow to pull his finger out and get in touch.
greeny wrote:Hi Andy I have PMed John re a rough price for an ECU for my ford 2.9i engined scimitar and haven't heard anything as yet but yes I am very interested! And not a million miles away if it falls within budget :D
Hi Craig,

May well see if I can make it over to Curby - Be nice to show you guys the right location to mount a CVH in a plastic sports car with a galv chassis :lol:

greeny
RSSOC Member

Post by greeny » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Darkspeed wrote:Hi Greeny,

I will remind him tomorrow to pull his finger out and get in touch.
He has done thanks!
greeny wrote:Hi Andy I have PMed John re a rough price for an ECU for my ford 2.9i engined scimitar and haven't heard anything as yet but yes I am very interested! And not a million miles away if it falls within budget :D
Hi Craig,

May well see if I can make it over to Curby - Be nice to show you guys the right location to mount a CVH in a plastic sports car with a galv chassis :lol:

Babe the GTC number 229 and and Smurfett the 1400 SST. Ness the vw t4 van/dayvan/camper
Previous 3.0v6 X type jaguar triumph acclaim scimitar SE4A 663 (ex Collin Watson coupe) 2x se5a's 2x SS1 1600s and a load.of other things I can't remember!!!
GTC drivers doing it under canvas since 1981!!
RSSOC SCIMITAR GTC REGISTRAR
Website scimitargtc.co.uk
12601 14846 18/09/12

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Post by CNHSS1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:21 pm

I wouldnt be so sure about the midships positioning of a CVH being better Andy, Nick Keysers "X Wing Fighter" SS1 CVH may surprise you.

Darkspeed

Post by Darkspeed » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:24 am

:wink: Gotcha........ :w

CNHSS1 wrote:I wouldnt be so sure about the midships positioning of a CVH being better Andy, Nick Keysers "X Wing Fighter" SS1 CVH may surprise you.

Return to “Members' Business Services”