workshop for petrol heads run by petrolheads

For RSSOC Members to promote their business interests ONLY.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

alfablack

workshop for petrol heads run by petrolheads

Post by alfablack » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi myself and partime work collegue setup a small workshop on the stafford and shropshire border
we are agents for Gaz suspension / programmable ecu's / cat cams / racing oils / and lots more also chassis work auto electrics just ask we can always say no ?

www.jondymotorsport.co.

we also do a good cuppa when we are there. mainly at weekends

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Re: workshop for petrol heads run by petrolheads

Post by CNHSS1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Oooh sounds like a useful place and localish to me too,will have to come visit one of these days :-)
Work TF3 so not too far im guessing?

Racing is life, everything before and after, is just waiting--Steve McQueen
6 time Class Champ, 2006 & 2014 SSSC Champion

RIP Batmobile, await the Rise of Dark Knight 8)
Sabre 'Light Sabre' 360hp!!

alfablack

Post by alfablack » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:20 pm

No Chap we are just on the road to stone out of Eccleshall
only weekends at the present depending on work the odd day in the week email one of us Andy is from Wem and as a bit more time at the moment but anyway we can help or just offer tea and a biscuit

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Post by CNHSS1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Cool. Im tied up for next few weekends but will catch up soon as i can or chat at curborough in august if ya there

greeny
RSSOC Member

Post by greeny » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Mmmmmm programable ECU hey! could you do a 2.9i cologne scimitar?

Babe the GTC number 229 and and Smurfett the 1400 SST. Ness the vw t4 van/dayvan/camper
Previous 3.0v6 X type jaguar triumph acclaim scimitar SE4A 663 (ex Collin Watson coupe) 2x se5a's 2x SS1 1600s and a load.of other things I can't remember!!!
GTC drivers doing it under canvas since 1981!!
RSSOC SCIMITAR GTC REGISTRAR
Website scimitargtc.co.uk
12601 14846 18/09/12

alfablack

Post by alfablack » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 pm

greeny wrote:Mmmmmm programable ECU hey! could you do a 2.9i cologne scimitar?

Hi yes we use an ecu that as 2 maps if thats what you want. An economy one for road and at the flick of a switch a track map with a little more fueling and timing

greeny
RSSOC Member

Post by greeny » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:00 pm

alfablack wrote:
greeny wrote:Mmmmmm programable ECU hey! could you do a 2.9i cologne scimitar?

Hi yes we use an ecu that as 2 maps if thats what you want. An economy one for road and at the flick of a switch a track map with a little more fueling and timing

Erm er (feeling funny now, how much? May need to be later this year or early next year due to the d1ck head painter making a mess of her but I am very interested!

Babe the GTC number 229 and and Smurfett the 1400 SST. Ness the vw t4 van/dayvan/camper
Previous 3.0v6 X type jaguar triumph acclaim scimitar SE4A 663 (ex Collin Watson coupe) 2x se5a's 2x SS1 1600s and a load.of other things I can't remember!!!
GTC drivers doing it under canvas since 1981!!
RSSOC SCIMITAR GTC REGISTRAR
Website scimitargtc.co.uk
12601 14846 18/09/12

erikscimitardemon
RSSOC Member

Post by erikscimitardemon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Admin hat on:
This post is from someone who just joined. So I will take the 'membership is in the mail' as genuine. This is what he told me in a PM.

Hat off.

Erik Hofman
http://www.scimitar.demon.nl

Scimitarweb Webteam / Forum Administrator

alfablack

Post by alfablack » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi And Yes it is
Last edited by alfablack on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alfablack

Post by alfablack » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi And Yes it is AND THIS IS THE PAYPAL RECEIPT AND A DONATION IF ITS A PROBLEM PLEASE REMOVE THIS THREAD
I did not join to post my services i work full time this is something i do and offer a service on weekends only. I joined because i genuinely am after an se4 coupe for me

Business name:
RELIANT SABRE AND SCIMITAR OWNERS CLUB LIMITED (The recipient of this payment is Non-US – Verified)
Email:
service@scimitarweb.co.uk

Total amount:
-£44.50 GBP
Fee amount:
£0.00 GBP
Net amount:
-£44.50 GBP

Item amount:
£44.50 GBP
VAT:
£0.00 GBP
Postage:
£0.00 GBP
Packaging:
£0.00 GBP
Quantity:

Item title:
All the items in your shopping basket (see details in the store and on your store receipt).
Item Number:
ScimiShop Purchase
Date:
20 Jul 2014
Time:
11:39:48 BST
Completed

Delivery Address:
No address provided

Business Contact Information

Customer Service URL: http://www.scimitarweb.co.uk/siop/
Customer Service Email:
service@scimitarweb.co.uk
Customer Service Phone:
+44 1172300725

Funding type:
PayPal Funds
Funding source:
£44.50 GBP – PayPal Account

Description:
RELIANT SABRE AND SCIMITAR OWNERS CLUB LIMITED
plus on 20 Jul 2014 Donation To RELIANT SABRE AND SCIMITAR OWNERS CLUB LIMITED Completed Details Donation To RELIANT SABRE AND SCIMITAR OWNERS CLUB LIMITED 7GH5220118080050T -£10.00 GBP

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Post by CNHSS1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Which aftermarket ecus are you familiar with by the way?

alfablack

Post by alfablack » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi we use canems / omex / emerald at the end of the day all of them do the same thing supply a spark and a trigger in varying degrees of complexity and costs its just some are easier to use than others

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Post by philhoward » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:51 pm

alfablack wrote:Hi And Yes it is AND THIS IS THE PAYPAL RECEIPT AND A DONATION IF ITS A PROBLEM PLEASE REMOVE THIS THREAD
I did not join to post my services i work full time this is something i do and offer a service on weekends only. I joined because i genuinely am after an se4 coupe for me
That's fine ;)

As soon as you get your membership number, edit your profile, drop me a PM and I'll upgrade your account to give you access to the Members only sections of the forum and website.

Welcome!!

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

Darkspeed

Post by Darkspeed » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi All, I am Andy the other half of Jondy Motorsport Engineering and as John said it's not our main source of income as we both have day jobs. Its what we do to put a smile on our faces after working for living. For some unfathomable reason he has set his heart on a Scim Coupe :wink: - which no doubt means that 3 will end up at the "Unit/Barn/Cow shed" or whatever reference we have for our "man cave" that particular day.

Like you lot we are enthusiasts first and foremost - I would never say never in regard to Scimitar ownership but as I am also the webmaster and committee member of the Ginetta Owners Club and currently have 4 of them, a Fisher Fury and a Lancia Stratos replica project :roll: think I have some clearing out to do before I get any more projects. :lol:

As we have more than enough of our own projects that need parts we set up accounts with suppliers so that we could get the best prices for ourselves and also offer good prices for fellow enthusiasts. John has many years experience with rolling roads and mapping and ECU installs engine builds etc.- My experience is in Atomic Weapons Development and Industrial heating systems! - But I am a serial car builder as well as building my own digital flow bench as I happen to enjoy a bit of cylinder head development :twisted: . I can also weld - we have mig and Tig - quite well from my time in Alfa Romeo ownership - something that does get under you skin as we have half a dozen Alfa engines and gearboxes scattered about the unit at present :shock: .

It's all part time so we don't take on any big projects like restorations but for fellow enthusiasts we will help out with any works that they are beyond their capabilities and all we do is ask for a contribution to the costs if you are doing the work yourself or if asking us to do it we have a mates rate.

Best bet if fancy dropping in for chat and a laugh at our projects is to give us a call - Friday Afternoons as I finish early and Saturdays are normal fare as is any spare holiday time. The limited time we have is why we do not generally take on long term projects.

Being a HDLCC member I am always at Loton at the Sunday runs - well nearly always. And also at a few Ginetta North West events.

That's us. - I will not put our numbers on an open forum but please PM if you wish to contact and drop in for a tea and chat seek advice etc.

Not quite a business service, but probably the most appropriate place to post.

Build an man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set an man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
www.Jondymotorsport.co.uk

Coco La Blanc

Post by Coco La Blanc » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi Andy/John (?),
Welcome to the madhouse. Loved my 2L Alfetta in the late 70s/early 80s (ie. even the night I camped on top of a rescue low loader in a small village in France during their worst electical storm this century cause Collinson's garage had not completely done up the securing nuts on the two piece Prop and it came apart at 80+MPH on the motorway going down to Paris !!!). Best of luck with the part-time Business.
Regards,
Viv

Return to “Members' Business Services”