Trunionless front supension

Discuss and exchange views and technical information about our cars.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington

simmit
RSSOC Member

Post by simmit » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:34 am

I'm considering subject kit from Canley:- https://www.canleyclassics.com/suspensi ... ension-kit.

Firstly, I'm aware there have been several stub axle variants in Scimitars but, have all uprights been consistent over the years in respect of the upright stub axle taper fit dimensions? In other words, ignoring differences in wheel bearings etc., can I be sure that my present stub axles (Middlebridge) will fit the Canley uprights?

Secondly, has anyone experience of the Canley kit or anything similar?

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Post by Roger Pennington » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:41 am

That's been discussed several times in the past - essentially it's the wrong Triumph suspension for our cars (the shape of the upright is a give-away). It's the "small Triumph" setup, as used on, e.g. Herald and Spitfire, not the "large Triumph" one used on TR6 and Scimitar. So rather underspecified for the job.

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

simmit
RSSOC Member

Post by simmit » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Roger Pennington wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:41 am
That's been discussed several times in the past - essentially it's the wrong Triumph suspension for our cars (the shape of the upright is a give-away). It's the "small Triumph" setup, as used on, e.g. Herald and Spitfire, not the "large Triumph" one used on TR6 and Scimitar. So rather underspecified for the job.
Thanks Roger and OK, I just lost interest! Pity.

Return to “General Technical Discussion”