batteries

Discuss and exchange views and technical information about our cars.

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, philhoward

scimitargtc
RSSOC Member

batteries

Post by scimitargtc » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Not wanting to create an ongoing thread but as the recommissioning of my 6A draws to a close I’ve had to have the YUASI battery replaced AGAIN - bought new in October 2016 whilst I was off work recovering from my stroke it’s a Yuasi HsB075. wouldn’t hold a charge and the green charge float disappeared. Halfords tested and agreed 1 duff cell so replaced under 5 year warranty on 31/12/18. this week battery went flat (& yes I've checked for parasitic drain etc- I do have a range rover so know all about this!) and again green float disappeared - took back to Halfords who checked and said it showed as 'good' - this was after they connected their clamp terminal of the tester correctly pos to pos neg to neg not mixed up as they did originally. I said the battery clearly shows on the case that if no green float showing it should be replaced so they did & as it had reduced in price I got a refund of £16! But I Had similar problems with a yuasi battery for my range rover which was replaced 3 times under warranty - now I always believed yuasi batteries were mainly for motorcycles not cars but maybe I’m just unlucky! Hey Ho – The RR had a new battery last December and replaced with a Bosch which has been totally fine and only cost £60

1979 se6a auto pas 3.0v6 (unnamed) sold after 22 years 2019.
1998 Range Rover 4.6 v8 auto (unnamed)
2016 Nissan QashQai 1.6 Tekna CVT dci ("Quentin")
2019 Skoda Cititgo MPI SEL Greentech ("Clyde")
Space for 5 more! Money for none!!

Stupopt1

batteries

Post by Stupopt1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:10 pm

I try to go with Bosch Silver if I can , never had a problem with them, i do a lot of short journeys so it's worth the extra few quid .

Scimitar Se5
Spitfire Mk4

Return to “General Technical Discussion”