Advice for a respray SE5a

Discuss and exchange views and technical information about our cars.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington

speedy555
RSSOC Member

Post by speedy555 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:08 pm

The main things you need to know are that there are no shortcuts, and you will need loads of time, patience and a fetish for monotony. If you haven't all those then I wouldn't really attempt it - If you do, then good luck. I admire those that see the job through at home , evenings and weekends, as I know what's involved and how long it takes me doing it 6 or 7 days a week.

Dave Speed

1970 se5 1975 se5a
Prev. ss1 ti / 68 coupe/ 77 & 78 6a / 9x 5a's / '85 SS1 /87 SS1 1.3/ 2x '81 6b's / Cipher / 3 x 69 se5 / rialto / Rochdale Olympic

5 series Registrar

www.ssgclassics.co.uk

www.facebook.com/ssgclassics

Fibreglass liquid coating technician

GTJoe72

Post by GTJoe72 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:12 am

big thanks to you all for your insights, I have gained a lot of very useful information that I can share with the body shop when I am in tomorrow getting a few checks done ahead of a possible trip from Sussex up to the Scimitar gathering to get all the parts I need and learn something about the car. And on that note I have learnt that parking on a slope front up for a month drains fuel from bulb and it won’t start. Priming pump looks the way ahead, in the meantime will it sort itself out on the flat?

Return to “General Technical Discussion”