6a carb clip needed

Discuss and exchange views and technical information about our cars.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington

scimitargtc
RSSOC Member

6a carb clip needed

Post by scimitargtc » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:37 pm

Ok so 1979 6a auto finally together wouldn’t fire duvet brand new electronic distributor replacement on way. Reinstalled old piranha system I found in the engine bay of a scrap 5a 12 years ago which was working fine so 2hy I bought a new system is beyond me.. anyway as a 40 year old car wiring is nit exactly standard and had forgotten how the piranha system had been plumbed in, figured it out last night went to fir her up and nada have fuel, air spArk so 1 must be thevissue yes fuel chucking an 3ggcup full down the carb saw her splutter into life for a few seconds. I reckon the float has jammed. Closed with being dry for so long so another task tomorrow. However the clip that fixes the throttle bar to the carb has sprung off and wondered if anyone has 1 to sell or alternative options?. Slice arrived today and c/born booked on the family calendar

1979 se6a auto pas 3.0v6 (unnamed)
1998 Range Rover 4.6 v8 auto (unnamed)
2016 Nissan QashQai 1.6 Tekna CVT dci ("Quentin")
2019 Skoda Cititgo MPI SEL Greentech ("Clyde")
Space for 5 more! Money for none!!

scimitargtc
RSSOC Member

6a carb clip needed

Post by scimitargtc » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:27 pm

Wow so many poor typos, it’s my age or maybe the brain haemorrhage. Yes it is fuel starvation bowl was dry full of crud etc cleaned it up but no fuel coming out of the fuel pump pipe wow how does the right hand mounting nut come off and more importantly how does it go back on, it’s awfully tight. Could be just low fuel in the new stainless tank.. fixed the manual choke conversion (was auto choke years ago) whilst I was at it, the return spring “upright “ had popped out,, still not found the clip for the carb rod,,, has anyone got z1 to sell me pretty please...

scimitargtc
RSSOC Member

6a carb clip needed

Post by scimitargtc » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:25 pm

After letting my fingers do the walking found the clip is Nla but webcon do a bush kit ref 9990399000K which I’ve ordered express delivery

Return to “General Technical Discussion”