She lives, sorta

Discuss and exchange views and technical information about our cars.

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, philhoward

scimitargtc
RSSOC Member

She lives, sorta

Post by scimitargtc » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Well eventually got my 6A started today after delays niggles and general laziness. Despite what SWMBO says i still get tired 3 years after a brain haemorrhage so allow for things to take 10 times as long to get done.. but whilst mild depression can seep in I refuse to not be positive about stuff.. right, to the point, she started- just, adjusted timing so she at least runs, waterless coolant peeing out of the thermostat housing and the Otter switch which doesn’t look properly seated in the nice new shiny alloy rad... it’s not needed as I have a Davies Craig electric water pump with thermo control as well as the mech water pump and electric fan on the alloy radiator , is there a simple way of blocking off the mounting hole? I gotta admit access is soo much easier in the engine bay with the bonnet off,,, fitted new electric radio aerial bought at curbs years ago, then Need to work front to back logically, replace brake fluid, check discs pads and shoes, refit air cleaner, w spacer, the correct way round this time (gosh I hate taking off the carb it’s soo fiddly) providing I find the breather pipe that fits onto the spacer to the rocker cover, fit new alarm system, reinstall tracker and phone kit, sort slow electric windows install remote hatch electric release, drain/ replace auto gearbox oil and gaskets, reinstall instruments with the digital voltmeter and water temperature gauges, sort some missing front seat base cushion buttons, wire up the XJS mirrors, install the stainless steel hatch handle etc etc so curborough might be arrival in the car but defo not complete

1979 se6a auto pas 3.0v6
1998 Range Rover 4.6 v8 auto
2016 Nissan QashQai 1.6 tekna CVT dci
Space for 5 more! Money for none!!

AJL Electronics
RSSOC Member

She lives, sorta

Post by AJL Electronics » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:33 am

scimitargtc wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:14 pm
drain/ replace auto gearbox oil and gaskets,
Do the 1st/reverse servo O rings when you are in there. Take careful not of whether or not there is a return spring. The manual says it should be there, but some gearboxes don't and it causes much worry when you can't find it on reassembly!

I stock C3 bits if stuck.

Yes, we can mend your Scimitar!
Order your Scimitar parts any hour of the day at http://www.classicmicrocars.com (member's discounts).

Fancy a holiday in Gael, France? http://www.ianrhu.com

There is no point trying to teach a pig to sing. It doesn't work and it annoys the pig.

scimitargtc
RSSOC Member

She lives, sorta

Post by scimitargtc » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Cheers the gaskets and oil i purchased from you and collected at curburough last year so now ibhaveva source and the knowledge of someone to call on if need be THANKS

1979 se6a auto pas 3.0v6
1998 Range Rover 4.6 v8 auto
2016 Nissan QashQai 1.6 tekna CVT dci
Space for 5 more! Money for none!!

Return to “General Technical Discussion”